Benefits For Children
- Proper Dance Technique
- Good Experience
- Fun and Movement
- Performance Opportunities
- Annual Recital
- Maximum of twelve students per class teacher (with the exception of Musical Theater and Jazz Hop)
- Increases strength, flexibility balance, concentration and over-all well being
- Increases child’s self awareness & self acceptance
- Emphasis is placed on independent thinking
The children’s program offers Ballroom, Jazz, Ballet, Tap, Musical Theater and Jazz Hop. Each of these forms will be taught at different levels. The instructors will decide on which level class each dancer should be enrolled in, and when it is time to audition for advancement in level.
Beginners will learn the basic fundamentals of the form. Beginner students will be introduced to each forms’ principles and will receive an introduction to the basic movement and techniques.
Intermediate students will receive more in-depth instruction at a slightly quicker pace, with more developed and difficult movement, requiring some beginning movement study experience. These students will also get more in depth with the theories and principles of the movement.
Advanced students will be getting the most progressed instruction of the three levels. Students will be expected to have an existing knowledge of the form and be able to explore the full range of movement possibilities. Advanced classes will be more complex and difficult.